International Medical Group® (IMG®) is updating our most popular international medical insurance products for the educational market: Patriot Exchange Program (PEP) and Student Health Advantage (SHA).
These plans are designed for students, scholars and educators participating in international educational programs and cultural exchanges, including J1 and J2 U.S. visa programs.
As medical costs continue to rise, individuals and groups involved in the educational market are facing increased health care costs each year. To ensure long-term rate stabilization, while providing one-of-a kind international medical insurance coverage, IMG is making the following changes to these plans, effective June 1, 2016:
- SHA Standard plan: Removing the Maternity and Newborn Wellness benefits, resulting in a 4% decrease in rates, to allow you to market and sell the plan more affordably.
- SHA Platinum plan: Changing the Maternity Coinsurance to 100% coverage outside of the U.S., 80% in the U.S. PPO network, and 60% in the U.S. out-of-PPO network, to keep the plan rates unchanged.
- PEP and SHA group plans: Changing the group plan size to five or more insureds to administer these group plans more effectively.
We’re confident these changes will provide your clients greater price stability, while continuing to offer Global Peace of Mind® while they are away from home. Click below to access the updated brochures:
Read More Here and Get a quote
Issues with Mexican Health Care
If you travel to Mexico without health insurance coverage and you need medical treatment, you might be required to pay for the services up front. You will be asked to show proof of insurance and give the facility a credit card number before you are seen. The US State Department indicates that there have been numerous complaints from US citizens regarding inflated medical charges at health-care facilities in beach resort areas. You can avoid this problem by having health insurance that is valid for the duration of your travel in Mexico.
Your US Health Insurance and Coverage in Mexico
Your current health insurance company might offer coverage for travel to Mexico, but that doesn’t mean that you will have an easy time invoking the coverage. In many cases you will have to pay the costs up front and wait to be reimbursed. You might be covered only for a limited number of days instead of your entire trip, and also might be limited to a few clinics or facilities in the entire country. Contact your health insurance provider to understand the limits of any coverage that you do have while in Mexico. If the coverage is not sufficient, you can supplement it with a travel health insurance policy.
What to Look for in a Policy
If you have decided to purchase a travel health insurance policy for Mexico, make sure that the company has the infrastructure in place to provide you with the services you will need. For example, the company should have a toll-free number that connects you to English-speaking operators 24 hours a day. The company should help you find English-speaking medical providers near you and should be able to help coordinate any care that you need.
When shopping for your health insurance plan for Mexico, consider including a rider for emergency medical evacuation. Should you become severely ill or injured, this coverage would pay to have you flown home or driven by ambulance to continue receiving care in America. Also note that some health insurance policies will not cover you if you engage in high-risk activities like bungee jumping or if you are injured while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
10 Reasons to buy Homeowners Insurance
- Liability coverage pays the injured person’s medical bills and damages to property.
- Insurance will also pay an attorney to help defend you in a court case.
- Homeowners insurance will pay to repair or replace your house as per the selected coverage.
- Dwelling protection will pay for damage to the main house and any other buildings, such as an attached garage
- A homeowner’s policy will also pay for damage to fences, sheds, guest houses and other structure, including an unattached garage.
- If your possession is destroyed, don’t fret; insurance will reimburse you for the value of your property including appliances, furniture, clothing and other possessions as per the choice you have selected at the time you have insurance. You can get actual cash value or replacement cost coverage.
- Protection against natural disasters such as hurricanes flood and earthquakes optional at the time of purchase additional premium required.
- If your home is destroyed, or is so damaged that you have to seek shelter elsewhere, a standard home insurance policy will pay to relocate you. So called (loss of use) coverage reimburses you for hotels, meals, and other living expenses up to 20% of the coverage declared at the inception of the insurance.
- Protection against robbery and theft
- Peace of mind is the main benefit of having homeowner’s insurance.
Mexico automobile Tourist insurance coverage that meet all of your insurance needs.
Mexico automobile Tourist car insurance policy: Daily policy coverage,6 month up to one year. Significant discounts for six month and annual polices. Coverage Territory:
The entire Republic of Mexico. Coverage’s include: Collision, Fire, Total Theft, Glass; subject to optional low fixed deductibles or 2% deductible all covered claims except 5% deductible in event of a Total Theft; Liability available up to $500,000 U.S. Combined Single Limit; Medical payments to vehicle occupants from $5,000 up to $75,000. it varies from your insurer selection. For an immediate quote for Mexico automobile tourist and car insurance coverage –
Click Here. Want to know more about insuring you vehicle when traveling to Mexico
Click Here Click here to view the latest Mexican Tourist Automobile Insurer rankings.
NEW – Homeowner’s Insurance now Available
Homeowner’s Insurance now Available Effective Immediately. AssureMex now offers full coverage for your property (Single Family Home, Townhouse, Condo) in Mexico. This is strictly available in Mexico.
- Home Insurance Comparison: Replacement cost
- Ail Risks included available
- Theft Coverage
- Personal Liability
- Natural Disaster
- Tidal wave
- Hurricanes, Wind, Flood
- Medical payments
For more Click Here
Annual Multi-Trip Medical Insurance for Individuals and Families. Designed for those that take multiple trips throughout the year outside their home country.
AssureMex offers the ease and convenience of purchasing a single annual plan at an affordable annual premium.
- Short-tern travel medical insurance
- Coverage for frequent travelers, their spouses and/or
- Children traveling for a period of 12 months
- Two plan designs — one for U.S. citizens and one for Non-U.S. citizens Maximum Limit $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 — for Patriot Maximum is $8,000,000 Individual Deduction Varies from 0 — $2,500 Annual premium
For more Click Here